Attractions in Lithuania
Baltic Capitals – an Overland Adventure
Make sure you see the Art Nouveau architecture on Albert Street in Riga. It is out of this world, even if you aren't interested in architecture! The interlocking courtyards and the churches in Vilnius are fascinating places to explore.
- See two Baltic Capitals on a two-day adventure.
- Explore the ancient Hanseatic city of Riga. Visit the heart of the Old Town, the Dome Cathedral and see one of the biggest dome organs in Europe.
- Admire the largest collection of the Art Nouveau buildings in the Baltics.
- Taste Riga's Black Balsam, known to have remedial qualities.
- Drive on to Lithuania. Your destination is Vilnius.
- On the way stop at the Hill of Crosses, the main pilgrimage site in Lithuania. Visit the nearby Franciscan monastery and meet one of the Brothers.
- Visit Vilnius with the largest Old Town in the Baltics, a historic gold mine rich in cultural flavours and traditions.
- The old town is filled with churches of different styles. See a superb example of flamboyant Gothic St. Ann's church. Admire the delightful white Baroque of St. Peter and St Paul's church.
- Don't miss out on the visit to the KGB museum to learn about the grim period of Lithuanian history under the Soviets.
- Reflect on your adventure by enjoying Lithuanian cuisine in the Old Town.