Attractions in Lithuania
A Spiritual Experience in Franciscan Kretinga
The Brother was very nice and the work they are doing is commendable. I hope this tour is offered in the future also.
- Visit Kretinga, one of the oldest small towns in Lithuania, a home of Franciscan Brothers and Sisters.
- Enjoy the company of a Franciscan Brother and hear a living testimony of their contribution to Lithuanian culture.
- Visit the 17th century church and monastery and hear how the revival of Independence was supported by the Brothers working underground.
- See the exhibits of Lithuanian wooden art in the Count's Tiskevicius estate-museum.
- Enjoy a rare collection of tropical plants in the adjoining Winter Garden.
- Have a refreshing cup of tea in the pleasant and warm surroundings of the tropical plants.
- Return to Klaipeda and stroll through the streets of the Old Town, where once bakers, shoemakers and merchants used to live and ply their trades.