Attractions in Lithuania
Village Life in Lithuania
This tour is the icing on the cake of a great cruise.
- Find the true character of Lithuania along its country lanes and from the extraordinary people you meet there.
- Spend a few hours off the beaten track, see white storks and the contrasts of soviet and present-day country living.
- In the village cultural centre learn about the period when thousands of Lithuanians were deported to Siberia.
- Meet the first British Defence Attaché to Independent Lithuania. David Holliday, himself now a villager living in an old house next to the Castle Hill.
- Hear his stories about the Cold War and life in newly independent Lithuania.
- Try his home made cake and wine, local cheese and honey. Guests are welcome to try locally made moonshine.
- Back in Klaipeda see the Theatre Square of the Old Town and browse through the amber market.